52 Weeks Of Mail: Week 5 – 3D Postcards (Mailable Cake Slices)
This post will make you hungry. You've been warned. Remember earlier in the week when I shared this inspiration? I'm calling them 3D postcards, but it's more like mailable faux food. I got crafty this week and whipped up these mailable chocolate cake slices. Yes, I said chocolate cake slices! Keep scrolling and feast your eyes.
This photo gets me every time. Does that not look like real cake?!
Want to know how to make your own? Follow this tutorial over at SheKnows.com. Here's what you need:
- 1 large sponge (yellow paints the best)
- Serrated knife
- X-Acto or utility knife [[scissors worked best for me]]
- Spray paint (brown, yellow, pink or white)
- 1 tube acrylic latex caulk (brown, cream or white)
- Spray adhesive (3M Super 77 works great!) [[hot glue gun worked for me]]
- Cardboard, kraft paper or scrapbook paper
These little buggers are perfect to mail for birthdays, but could certainly be used for any occasion. I only made 4 cake slices to start, but I think I'm going to stock pile these and mail out as often as possible. :)
All Photos via Designs By Jolene