52 Weeks of Mail: Week 47 | Beach Inspired Zen Garden
As I started to briefly explain, I have a really boring cubical I sit at for several hours each week. I thought it would be fun to dream up a desktop zen garden to spruce up a dull cube or office and provide calming entertainment during those long and stressful days. Am I right? Zen gardens are beautiful and encourage you to quiet your monkey brain. I often catch myself day dreaming of the beach while at work, so a beach-y zen garden is the perfect combination, in my world. Carry on for more photos, supplies needed, steps and tip for making your own (or purchasing).
- Small Box: pictured is 4.25 x 4.25 x 1-3/8 - I purchased mine as a 2-pack from Michaels; only available in store.
- Decor Sand
- Seagrass Filler
- Miniature Rake - available from Michaels; in store only
- Mini Clothes Pin
- Paper, printer, hot glue gun
- If mailing, small sealable bags, shipping box, packing tape
- Find your favorite beach-y quote and print; cut to size 2.5 x 2.5 ( I used one of my sky landscape photos as the backdrop of my quote)
- Hot glue mini clothespin to top of lid
- Pour sand and draw your design with either end of mini rake
- Place rocks, shells, etc.
- Repeat steps 4-5 often
- Pre-measure your sand in the container, first
- Then, pour into a sealable bag, to keep sand contained during shipment
- Optional: a second small bag to hold rocks and rake
- Fits perfectly in a Small Flat Rate Box; add tissue paper, bubble wrap or crumpled paper to keep everything snug-as-a-bug- $5.95 to ship in US
p.s. Not a DIY-er? You’re in luck! You can purchase on here.
All Photos via Designs By Jolene